tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: [OT]Attn developers of Tomcat and JK
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:14:56 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Didier McGillis

    Really this is way out of line.  As everyone has said this
    is a free product with no formalized support structure, and
    no claims of any support.

Just doodling.
  My guess, tomcat in various guises, is being used commercially
pretty widely. The guy doing the download research may be able
to put some figure to that.
  Rather than out of line, is this an opportunity for the inquisitive
to see if there is a business opportunity here?
  I'd guess that there are sufficient commercial users who would be
willing to pay for support. I'll quote MySQL as prior art.
  I'm convinced there is sufficient expertise lurking on this list
to start such an enterprise, even if part time at first.
  Just a thought.

regards DaveP.

--
DISCLAIMER: