tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: jsp version of session variable access. Pointer to syntax wanted.
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 08:22:41 GMT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Tim Funk

    Via EL: (assuming sessionData.FILECOUNT = mySessionVariableName)

    ${sessionContext.mySessionVariableName}

    Via snippet:
    <%=session.getAttribute(sessionData.FILECOUNT)%>

    In a jsp - the session variable is given to you as implicit
    variable.

Thanks Tim ( and fstmncn ).

Hadn't come across 'EL'.
So the choice is one from 3?
JSP 1.0 rev B.
JSP (is it 1.2 or 2.0?) (XML syntax)
and
Expression Language.

so what's JSTL, http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/standard/GettingStarted.html
?
<quote>JSTL encapsulates, as simple tags, core functionality common to many JSP applications.</quote>
Is that the full name of the EL?

http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/index.html  seems
to be the spec. Is there a reasonable tutorial anywhere please?

Can they be mixed in a page?
  I *think* the JSP version is determined by the vsn of Tomcat,
which relates to the servlets version, but can I mix EL and JSP?

Is the relationship documented anywhere please?

regards DaveP

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.