tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Sauyet <li...@sauyet.com>
Subject Service automatically shuts down on Windows Server 2003
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:23:29 GMT
I apologize for not doing as much homework as usual before posting a
question.  Google turned up nothing helpful, the mailing list archive
search isn't working right now, and we're (of course) in a hurry.

We've had Tomcat 5.0.19 working on a number of Windows machines for a
while, running on Win2K and WinXP under j2sdk1.4.2_04  Yesterday we had
to install it on a Windows Server 2003 machine, and it's not working as
a service.  If we run it from the shell, it works fine, but when we try
to start it as a service, it starts up and shuts right back down with a
Windows message that some services don't stay running if they have no
work to do.

Is there something obvious I should be doing?  Or something less than
obvious?  Even something obscure?  :-)  I've never had any Tomcat
problems; it's a great tool that has always just worked for me.  But
that means I don't really even know where to begin looking to solve this.

Are others successfully running Tomcat on Windows Server 2003?

Thanks,

   -- Scott Sauyet