tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Fisk <af...@speedymail.org>
Subject Re: coyote standalone?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:19:02 GMT
Hi Brad-

The Jetty ResourceHandler works fine, but it's just a little clunky and
unmaintainable.  I already adapted their static resource handler to
suite my needs, but there are lots of methods that are about 100 lines
long and things like that.  It does things like require a Jetty
"Resource" instance that in turn requires an actual java.io.File, a
requirement I'd prefer to avoid in certain cases.  It works well and
passes all my tests for Range requests and everything else with flying
colors, but I'm looking for something slightly more elegant.  It's also
tied to the Jetty code pretty tightly.  If I wanted to use it with some
other framework, such as Spring, I'd have to refactor it quite a bit to
only rely on plain on HttpServletRequests and HttpServletResponses.
That's the path I'm currently planning on following, but I'm fishing
around for a better solution.

This is all to partially to implement my adaptation of your very elegant
JXTA, Jetty, and HttpClient integration -- great stuff!!

-Adam