tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Trouble getting CGI script to execute
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:27:32 GMT
Ok.  I may try to go through and try this setup myself to see what
happens, but that won't happen until tonight.  My boss seems to expect
me to do some work for the department -- go figure.  In the meantime,
you may want to try removing the existing servlet mappings from your web
application's web.xml file, reload the context and try the cgi script.
If that works, we've found our gremlin.

According to the servlet spec, nothing in the WEB-INF directory can be
directly accessed by the client.  That's what leads met to believe a
servlet somewhere is handling the request and passing back the raw
file.  Does the app hide anything else in the WEB-INF folder (images,
css, pages, etc., ...) and send it to the client on request?

--David