tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Andersson <andr...@travelstart.se>
Subject Re: using shared objects from tomcat
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:49:16 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:

> -- Tomcat can't 'ignore' LD_ environment variables. They control how
> ld.so loads the JVM into the process address space and links it. You put
> env settings in bin/setenv.sh. You will need such a setting for
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, at least.

Thanks! The LD_DEBUG environment variable told me tomcat was looking for
the wrong .so-file. Apperently it's looking for the file including the
package structure Java_com_mycompany_myClass_myLib instead of myLib. The
test applications has no package (except the default package) and tomcat
on windows seams to ignore them.

So, I'm off to relink the .so with a packagestructure (thats my next
problem :).

Thanks for the help!

--
Andreas Andersson