tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Andersson <andr...@travelstart.se>
Subject using shared objects from tomcat
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:31:31 GMT
Hi (again)!

I still have problems useing a shared library from within a tomcat
webapp. The same code works from a standalone appication but not from
tomcat.

If anyone can answer one or more of the following questions I would be
happy.

1) Is there any way to log what a .so-file attempts to do without
altering the source? This so that I can see if the .so tries anything
funny thats not allowed from within tomcat.

2) Is there any way to get more information from an
UnsatisfiedLinkError. Now that error is all I get, no reason or root
cause at all.

3) What differs in how tomcat and a standalone java application loads
libraries? And what is the restrictions on loading subsekvent libraris
(ie the first one loads the ones it depends on).

If I could assigne Duke Dollars, Expert Exchange Dollars or some kind of
Tomcat Dollars I would.

--
Andreas Andersson
IT Dept.