tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>
Subject Does CoyoteConnector's connectionLinger option work?
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:47:39 GMT
Hi all,

I am having problems with the configuration of a Tomcat 4.1.27 server on
a Windows XP box.

Although I use the following connector configuration in my server.xml file:

<Connector className='org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector'
           acceptCount='10'
           connectionLinger='-1'
           connectionTimeout='5000'
           debug='0'
           enableLookups='false'
           maxProcessors='20'
           minProcessors='5'
           port='8080'
           tcpNoDelay='true'
           useURIValidationHack='false'/>

I am getting lots of TIME_WAIT sockets in my computer. The client app is
located in a remote machine, and since I disabled the SO_LINGER option
on it, I stopped to get TIME_WAITs in the client side.

Setting the connectionLinger attribute to -1 should have made accept
sockets to close inmediately without passing by this state (at least,
that is the behaviour I am getting in the client side).

Is there something wrong in my statements, or I have found a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo Ruiz