tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Wilson" <jnwil...@dallas.photronics.com>
Subject Re: Updating running WARs?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:45:12 GMT
Someone else will be able to attest to this better than I, but there is
a known issue with the classloader [I think] that doesn't release memory
on a undeploy..eventually you'll run out of memory after a certain
number of deploy/undeploys. You could try using the jvm's -Xmx modifier
in your startup/catalina shell, which may buy you more time[guru input
here, please]...

But my app starts up lightweight so I can schedule downtime a couple of
hours or so in advance, then drop tomcat for a few minutes while I
deploy manually. Maybe you could use the Manager: Stop the Service,
undeploy, stop TC, start TC, deploy the service using the Manager, start
service if necessary.

Just my .02

For more info search the archives...it's come up more than a few times
since I've been on this list.

--Jonathan