tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mario Winterer <mario.winte...@eduhi.at>
Subject Re: compiling and deployment in tomcat
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:30:49 GMT
Hi,

it is not possible to make Tomcat automatically compile and deploy your
servlets.
Usually this is not necessary. If you use a good IDE, it is no great
effort to compile your servlets. Deployment could be done by using an
Ant script - just copy the servlet-binaries in the correct directory and
reload your web application (if auto-reloading is disabled). The
required Ant-tasks are included in the tomcat binaries.
The entry in web.xml must be done by hand, but you have to do that just
once. So the cases where auto-compile and -deploy are required are
really rare!

Best regards,
  Tex