tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject welcome-file-list
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:48:01 GMT
Hello,

I have a web site that I want accessed using the dns name:
eg:
http://www.purcell.com

I have a welcome-file entry which says go to index.jsp.

Of course the page loads and the url looks like this:
http://www.purcell.com/index.jsp

Is there anyway to remove the index.jsp, but display that page. Occasionally I see that when
I am surfing and wonder how this is accomplished?

Does anyone know how to configure this to show a clean url in browser. (aside from JS).

Thanks,

Scott