tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dola Woolfe <dolac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tale of two servers
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:19:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm running TC5.5 on two different servers in the same
office. Both run XP Pro SP2. Both servers are
programmatically queried by users and are bombarded
with thousands of requests.

One of the servers responds much more quickly than the
other. In fact, one of them causes timeouts.

The offender is a super duper new dell desktop with
4gb of ram, etc. It's running java 1.5 and is
committed to nothing by tomcat.

The winner is a rinky-dink 2 year old laptop with
little ram, and lots of spyware sucking out cpu.

So this is obviously counterintuitive and I'm
wondering if anyone could suggest where to begin
looking for problems!

Many thank in advance,

Dola