tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nyhgan <nyh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Session Objects
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 20:46:33 GMT

Have you considered storing your session objects to database?

Mario Winterer <mario.winterer@eduhi.at> wrote:Hi!

Is it really necessary to hold all active session objects in a global
variable? I can't imagine a situation that would require this!

Tex

Jagadeesha T wrote:

>Thanks for responding.
>
>To manage session between an apllication and web servers. Is there any way to get that
worked in clustered enviornment?

>Thanks
>Jagga
>

>"Dale, Matt" wrote:
>
>Yes it will, this won't work accross a cluster. You need to use the regular session manager.
>
>Is there any reason why you put the sessions in a singleton?
>
>Ta
>Matt

Does it give any problems in clustered enviornment since singleton is a static referrence.

>Regards,
>Jagga

>http://mail.yahoo.com
>Any opinions expressed in this E-mail may be those of the individual and not necessarily
the company. This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for
the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this E-mail in
error and that any use or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail
in error please notify the beCogent postmaster at postmaster@becogent.com
>Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual sender and
not beCogent Ltd. You must take full responsibility for virus checking this email and any
attachments.
>Please note that the content of this email or any of its attachments may contain data
that falls within the scope of the Data Protection Acts and that you must ensure that any
handling or processing of such data by you is fully compliant with the terms and provisions
of the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998.