tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nyhgan <nyh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Attn developers of Tomcat and JK
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:45:46 GMT

Well, this clearly seems to be a configuratino issue. I used to see the kind of error messages
in your email when I first started using Tomcat5.x and JK2, but they are all gone now.  I
forgot how I fixed the problem but my server has been running for about 6 months without any
problem.

Eric Sandusky <esandusky@configureone.com> wrote:To the developers of Tomcat and JK:

As I can sense that not one single person is willing to respond to this
issue, I can only assume that this tomcat-user community is worthless. Not
only have I submitted this issue back 6 months ago, but a similar post was
made by the user "A jie" twice within the last week.

If you are too ashamed that your software is not reliable enough to be
installed in a production environment, at least have the decency of telling
us that. When I have to deal with user session data being sent back to the
wrong client, sessions getting lost, and numerous log errors stating that
the request/response cannot be fulfilled, I can only come to one
conclusion.. Tomcat and the JK/JK2 connector are not reliable. See below
and tell me that those messages would not cause problems for the client.

[Mon Feb 07 13:30:20 2005] [info] jk_open_socket::jk_connect.c (183):
connect() failed errno = 61
[Mon Feb 07 13:30:20 2005] [info] ajp_connect_to_endpoint::jk_ajp_common.c
(862): Failed connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is
listening on the wrong host/port (127.0.0.1:8009). Failed errno = 61
[Mon Feb 07 13:30:20 2005] [info] ajp_send_request::jk_ajp_common.c (1186):
Error connecting to the Tomcat process.
[Mon Feb 07 13:30:20 2005] [info] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1665):
Sending request to tomcat failed, recoverable operation attempt=2
[Mon Feb 07 13:30:20 2005] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (1673):
Error connecting to tomcat. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening
on the wrong port. worker=ajp13w failed errno = 61
[Mon Feb 07 13:30:20 2005] [error] HttpExtensionProc::jk_isapi_plugin.c
(937): service() failed

If Tomcat + JK cannot process every request/response on a Windows server
that is dual-xeon 3.0 Ghz processors with 4 GB of memory, then what machine
would?

And doesn't it seem strange how the JK2 project has been mysteriously
abandoned? Thanks for going off in a seemingly better direction only to
jump ship and leave everyone SOL. It makes me think that this whole Tomcat
development effort is more of just a hobby and not something to be taken
seriously.

If anyone is willing to contact me on this issue, I would be more than happy
to talk one-on-one. If you want to tell me that this is not the forum for
ranting about Tomcat or JK, it should be. If you want to blackball me from
this community, go ahead, I'm not getting any help from it as it is. I can
only hope that this message reaches the people who supposedly support this
software and lights a fire underneath them to improve it or tell us that it
just doesn't work.

Eric