tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Denny Lee <dennyle...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: isUserInRole
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:10:03 GMT
Hello Joby,
My problem is not getting user name and logging in but
rather I can't get the user's role using the function
isUserInRole().  For whatever reason isUserInRole
always returns a false.  I tried
isUserInRole("admin"), isUserInRole("Administrarors"),
isUserInRole("Users") but I get false for all of them.

I am trying to restrict some web pages  to only allow
administrator access.  I can't put the user name and
role in an xml file or using a database because of my
company's security policy.  I have to get the data
from NTLM.

Thanks again for your help.