tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Davis" <mich...@damaru.com>
Subject Re: Servlet won't load
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 20:30:02 GMT
Hi,

I've got an application which runs fine for me, but which won't run on my hosting
company's server which is running Tomcat 5.5.4 on Solaris.

I've got a jsp page which has a link to a servlet. When I click the link, I get a 404
error. Tomcat doesn't attempt to load and run the servlet, it just think's it's a bad link.

I was able to create a tiny web app which illustrates the problem. It's at

www.damaru.com/webapp

I've checked that the mapping is correct in web.xml. This runs fine on my linux box with
tomcat 5.0, and I also tested it on a win2k box using tomcat 5.5.4.

The strange thing is that I have another web app which is running fine on that server. I
suspect that the hosting company has got something strange in their global config file,
but I have not found anything myself.

thanks for any hints
Michael Davis