tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <>
Subject Re: SocketException: Too many open files
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:25:31 GMT
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 05:29:51PM -0600, Stephen Charles Huey wrote:
: Too many open files
:  [snip]
: We're opening lots of these, and it appears we're opening more than a
: maximum number of connections to the internet.  Is there a way to bump
: this up?  Or maybe we're just pounding this harder than it will ever get
: hit in the real world?

I don't recall which OS you run, but look into tuning the TCP stack for
the short, bursty connection style of HTTP.  There's a setting that
determines how long your server hangs onto a socket after the connection
has closed.

For the life of me, I can't remember this parm right now, but I've seen
it here and there.

Search the archives for "Too many open files" and my e-mail address.
You should turn up a post in which I've answered this question before.

software  --
tech news --

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: