tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: getAttribute returning null
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:22:10 GMT
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 08:56:14PM +0000, Didier McGillis wrote:
: Having problem with a context parm.  I have a servlet that queries for 300+
: list of names, it then builds a select list.  This list changes
: infrequently, the jsp page is supposed to display the data from the
: servlet, so being the absolutly brilliant person that I am I wanted that
: option list built on startup, and then just have the jsp display the list.
:
: I retrofitted the servlet to build the list, and then put
: <%=application.getAttribute("listOfDealer")%> in the jsp, open the page and
: wham -o awesome, great .. it doesnt work, all I see is null.

In addition to Tim Funk's advice, I'd suggest you post the code.  A
one-letter typo can cause all sorts of headaches =)

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com