tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Includes?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 00:14:24 GMT
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:59:30AM -0600, Curt LeCaptain wrote:
: Currently I'm running Tomcat 5 and I am looking to be able to take the
: virtual hosts section of my server.xml file and move it to it's own
: file, to be included in server.xml.

Sounds like you've gotten tunnel vision from digging at this so long =)

Let's forget about Tomcat-specific solutions and think XML: what about
external entities?  That is, define an entity

	... vhostDefs ... "some/path/to/vhost_defs.xml"

and in server.xml

	&vhostDefs

The trick here would be relative vs absolute paths: what's the server's
current directory when it starts?  Does it stay in $CATALINA_BASE or
$CATALINA_HOME? etc.  You'd have to experiment but it's a start.

Another option would be to use system properties.  At least some such
properties are available in the Tomcat config files using
expression-language syntax (e.g. "${vhost.defs}"), though I haven't
researched this.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net