tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Omar Adobati <omar.adob...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: welcome-file-list
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:55:34 GMT
If I have correctelly understand the problem, to solve it u just have
to add in your web.xml a few lines like this:

    <welcome-file-list>
      <welcome-file>/index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

where u can change /index.jsp with any other page that you like to
display as your start page.

Hope this help,
  Omar

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:48:01 -0600, Scott Purcell <spurcell@vertisinc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a web site that I want accessed using the dns name:
> eg:
> http://www.purcell.com
>
> I have a welcome-file entry which says go to index.jsp.
>
> Of course the page loads and the url looks like this:
> http://www.purcell.com/index.jsp
>
> Is there anyway to remove the index.jsp, but display that page. Occasionally I see that
when I am surfing and wonder how this is accomplished?

--
Adobati Omar
omar.adobati@gmail.com