tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Charles Huey" <stephenh...@fastmail.fm>
Subject certificate question for 2 domains pointing to same website
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:22:12 GMT
Right now, we have one domain that goes to our web application, and we
want to another new domain to point to the same web app (it already
does).  Naturally, if you access the site via the new domain, it tells
the browser that the certificate issued by the site doesn't match the
name of the site, so we're looking into getting an additional
certificate.

If we do this and get that new certificate into the keystore used by our
Tomcat 4, will everything be fine, or will Tomcat present 2 certificates
to users accessing the site?  I mean, will it correctly present the
certificate for the old domain to the user when they go to the old
domain, and the new certificate to those entering via the new domain?

Thanks,
Stephen