tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brelsfoard, Alex" <al...@WPI.EDU>
Subject RE: Trouble getting CGI script to execute
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:49:30 GMT
Thanks David.
Question 1: Yes.  I've made this mistake enogh times in the past that I'm
pretty good about it now.  Plus I have made other changes that required (and
received) a Tomcat reboot after doing that name change.

Question 2: That's a good thought... I've gone through the mappings and
cannot find anything that would interfere with my cgi script....

Good thinking.  Any other ideas?
Thanks.
--Alex

Alex Brelsfoard
Web Applications Developer
Web Development Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
508-831-6147
alexb@wpi.edu

________________________________

From: David Smith [mailto:dns4@cornell.edu]
Sent: Wed 2/9/2005 6:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Trouble getting CGI script to execute

I know I'm coming into this very late.  I was hoping Mark was going to
nail this on the head for you -- especially since I don't actually use
the cgi-servlets piece in my stuff.  But I also hate to see a problem
like this get stalled.

Question 1:  This is a basic one, but I've had my share of Homer Simpson
moments.  Did you restart the server after renaming
$CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.renametojar to
$CATALINA/server/lib/servlets-cgi.jar and uncommenting the relevant
parts of $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml?

Question 2: What do you have in your web.xml file for servlet mappings?
It seems to me some kind of mapping is overriding the mappings in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml and simply offering the file from
WEB-INF/cgi-bin/ rather than executing it.

--David