tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik - Dev" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Valves
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 16:48:42 GMT
put your class in server/classes, valves should not be common

Filip

----- Original Message -----
From: "Asim Alp" <asimalp@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 10:28 AM
Subject: Valves

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.5 on Windows Server 2003.  I have implemented a
new valve.  I include the following line in my <Engine ..>

<Valve className="com.en.stats.StatsValve" />

My valve extends org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase

Everything works fine on my Mac OS X.  However, on Windows, when I
start Tomcat as a service or from command line, it cannot find my
object com.en.stats.StatsValve

This is located under
$CATALINA_HOME$/shared/classes/com/en/stats/StatsValve.class

When I move it to commons, it finds that class; however this time
gives an error message saying that it cannot find
org.apache.catalina.valves.ValveBase

This class comes with Tomcat.  It is located in
$CATALINA_HOME$/server/lib/catalina.jar

How can I solve this problem?  And why does it work fine on my Mac OS
X?  The configuration is exactly the same...

Thanks,

Asim