tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parsons Technical Services" <parsonstechni...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.4/Windows 2000 server - Failed to register in JMX: BasicDataSourceFactory
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:40:17 GMT
Look at your database. There should be at least the pool size of connections
open when there is no activity.

Whether or not you specify the factory depends on the factory being used. If
it is a standard factory in Tomcat that Tomcat is already aware of, it is
not needed. But if you use a set of drivers that use a different or special
factory you will need to call it out. This information is in the docs but is
a little scattered. Read all the pages on jndi, jdbc and global resources.
Including:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

The other simple answer is what code are you using? If you are calling the
DriverManager then no, but if you are calling
DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/myDB"); or
similar then you are using Tomcats built in pooling. Otherwise you would get
an error.

Doug