tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Chappell" <Chr...@Dive100.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Java.mail smtp authentication
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 12:07:43 GMT
Hi

I am using the following config with tc/jndi javamail to connect to an smtp server which needs
authentication.

If OI put the username/password/port into Outlook Express and check needs authentication it
works OK.
With TC and my settings I get an auth failure. AM I using the correct properties?
The password prop doesn't seem to appear any where in the docs

Many thanks if anyone knows this - I've not found any answers on Google (only questions)

<Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"/>
<ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
<parameter>
<name>mail.smtp.host</name>
<value>smtp.myispname.com</value>