tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bedrijven.nl" <maar...@bedrijven.nl>
Subject Tomcat is leaking memory
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 13:53:10 GMT
Hi all gurus,

My problem is as follows. I have several webapplication setup with the use
of virtual hosting. Everything works fine. But there is one problem and
that's the (free) memory allocated by tomcat. When I restart the server we
have about 950 MB free memory. But after a while when the applications are
running and a lot of work must be done by tomcat the free memory size goes
lower and lower. No problem since the garbage collector is running. But I
notice that the free memory of 950 MB will never reached. In fact the free
memory goes down and down after a while. At the end the applicationscome
with a java.lang.OutOfMemory exception. After a restart everything is fine.
I am using Tomcat 552 on development and Tomcat 4.1.27 on the live server,
but both have the same problem. My jdk version is 1.4.1_02.

Have someone any idea?? Please help me out..

Maarten