tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Schuchert" <li...@codebarn.com>
Subject jspc taglib handling different between 5.5.4 and 5.5.7
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:55:12 GMT
i upgraded to 5.5.7 this weekend and noticed that my ant jsp precompile task was failing for
.jsp files that were referencing taglibs.  it gave a message like:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql cannot
be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

the line in the offending jsp looks like:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql" prefix="sql" %>

if i go into the jstl taglib jar file and grab the sql.tld file and put it into my WEB-INF
then the jspc task works.

in 5.5.4 this worked without having the sql.tld file in WEB-INF (it was just found in the
.jar file of the tag library)

anybody hitting similar issues?  was there a change in the jspc code that intentionally makes
this not work in 5.5.7?

thanks!

-jason