tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Nichols" <ja...@quantumland.com>
Subject RE: help: connecting Tomcat 5.5 to Apache 2.0 with mod_jk 1.2.8 on ISP's server: SOLVED.
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:49:04 GMT
Chris:
  It's working! Thanks a LOT! What you gave me wasn't the full answer, but
it let me eliminate a lot of dead-ends and other mistakes I had made.

One (of several) problems this helped was that I was using "AddModule" and
not "LoadModule", which is also addressed here:
http://www.apache.org/~rbowen/presentations/apachecon2004/apache2.0/slide35.
html

I also put my workers.properties file in the same directory as httpd.conf
b/c of something I read somewhere. Not sure if that actually did anything.

I found my problem on other sites with no answers, so I'm going to include
the relevant parts of my httpd.conf and workers.properties, in case others
have a similar situation.

Thanks again,
Jason
Musegraphics.com

My setup: leasing a virtual server from olm.net
Apache 2.0.50, Tomcat 5.5.4, mod_jk 1.2.8

Relevant parts of my httpd.conf:

LoadModule	jk_module	modules/mod_jk.so
#AddModule modk_jk.c
JkWorkersFile 	/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile 	/etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel	debug
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M] "
JkOptions	+ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat	"%w %V %T"
JkMount	/examples/* musegraphicsworker
JkMount /*.jsp musegraphicsworker

<VirtualHost 69.94.10.74:80>
	ServerName www.musegraphics.com
	ServerAdmin usnjay@yahoo.com
	#DocumentRoot /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html  <--this was
another problem I had. Gotta change this after adding Tomcat to Apache.
Seems obvious now. Changed to the following:

	DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/tomcatCV/webapps/jsp-examples

	<Directory /usr/local/tomcat/tomcatCV/webapps/jsp-examples>
		Allow from all
		AllowOverride All
		Order allow,deny
	</Directory>

# A lot other stuff here my ISP (olm.net) put in, not included for brevity.
</VirtualHost>

My workers.properties file:
#
workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat/
# workers.java_home should point to your Java installation.
workers.java_home=/usr/local/java

# You should configure your environment slash... ps=\ on NT and / on UNIX
ps=/

#------ workers list ------------------------------------------------
worker.list=musegraphicsworker

#------ musegraphicsworker DEFINITION---------------------------------
worker.musegraphicsworker.type=ajp13
worker.musegraphicsworker.host=localhost
worker.musegraphicsworker.port=8009
worker.musegraphicsworker.lbfactor=50
worker.musegraphicsworker.cachesize=10
worker.musegraphicsworker.cache_timeout=600
worker.musegraphicsworker.socket_timeout=300
worker.musegraphicsworker.socket_keepalive=1

There's quite a bit more but those are the parts I changed out of the
already existing (and highly complex) Apache configuration my ISP had in
place.
Jason