tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <da...@bvu.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcate 4.1.27 as a Service - Follow up to OOM problem
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:48:29 GMT
If the path contains spaces you could try enclosing it in double quotes:

@SET TOMCAT_HOME=C:\Program Files\Tomcat4

>>>chachany@gmail.com 01/06 9:38 am >>>
Hi again all

I found the following when trying to find out how to REinstall tomcat
as a service and to add options like the -Xmx512M what I need....

The batch file hates the fact that my Tomcat is located in c:\Program
Files

Any thoughts on how to get this to run?

Thanks,

Dave
# installService.bat
@SET JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05
@SET TOMCAT_HOME=C:\Program Files\Tomcat4
@SET TOMCAT_JVM=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
@SET
TOMCAT_CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar
@SET TOMCAT_ENDORSED=%TOMCAT_HOME%\common\endorsed
@SET TOMCAT_LOG=%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log
@SET TOMCAT_ERR_LOG=%TOMCAT_HOME%\logs\stdout.log

%TOMCAT_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -install Tomcat_4 %TOMCAT_JVM%
-Djava.class.path=%TOMCAT_CLASSPATH% -DXmx512M
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%TOMCAT_ENDORSED% -Dcatalina.home=%TOMCAT_HOME%
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params start
-stop org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService -params stop -out
%TOMCAT_LOG% -err %TOMCAT_ERR_LOG%

#uninstallService.bat
tomcat.exe -uninstall Tomcat_4