tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <da...@bvu.edu>
Subject Re: Ugh. IIS + Tomcat + multiple virtual hosts
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:08:49 GMT
Are you using JK or JK2 as the redirector in IIS? You might want to
indicate what version of IIS as some people have reported trouble using
JK in IIS 6 unless they run in IIS 5 isolation mode.

I use JK2 with multiple virtual hosts, and each host is handled by a
different worker. I'm sure JK can do this also. Here's a JK2 example
with two different workers handling two different virtual hosts:

[channel.socket:web1:8010]
port=8010
host=web1.bvu.edu

[ajp13:web1:8010]
channel=channel.socket:web1:8010

[uri:web1.bvu.edu/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:web1:8010

[channel.socket:web2:8009]
port=8009
host=web2.bvu.edu

[ajp13:web2:8009]
channel=channel.socket:web2:8009

[uri:web1.bvu.edu/servlet/*]
worker=ajp13:web2:8009

>>>ihunter@hunterweb.net 01/05 10:45 am >>>
I have a number of applications running under Tomcat root contexts, on
various different servers/ports.  Under Apache, I can use the

JkMount /* workername

directive under a virtual directory to allow me to do virtual hosting,
under
Apache, which allows me to specify that a particular hostname be handled
by
a particular worker, on a particular host and port.  Quite clean, I like
it.

However, I find myself with the need to use IIS to front end the sites
now,
and the redirector DLL doesn't seem to account for this type of
configuration.

What this comes down to is having multiple instances of the redirector
that
refer to different workers2.properties files.  Way back when, someone
mentioned an enhancement that was planned whereby the redirector DLL
would
check for a file called <dllname>.properties somewhere, and if present,
use
it, otherwise, check the registry for the location of the config file.

I blindly tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.

Did this enhancement ever happen?  Is there some secret incantation I
have
to do to make it work?

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to accomplish?  I've already
suggested
that we go with Apache instead and proxy any sites that require IIS, but
I'm
guessing that won't be an option.

---
beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur