tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <da...@bvu.edu>
Subject Re: using Thread object in Tomcat
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:20:57 GMT
Rather than creating a class that extends Thread you should create a
class that implements Runnable and construct a new Thread using your
Runnable. You'd extend Thread if you were adding some extended
functionality to the Thread class, otherwise use Runnable.

>>>sendmailtomark@yahoo.com 01/03 10:11 am >>>

Hi,

I'd like to check if it a good way to implement user's notifications

using Thread object?

What I would like to do is to have a singleton object (extends

Thread) that will wake up every minute and do something( let's say

go to data base, take to another 3rd-party system, etc) and once the

condition met will populate static  variable in another class which

will inform ( display in JSP) ALL users about THAT event ?

Thanks,

Mark.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250