tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shailesh Kochhar <shailesh.koch...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.0: Configuring default directory property
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:08:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.28 on Win2K and I'm trying to set the default
directory that Tomcat uses when creating/reading files.

I have some dll files that need to be loaded by my webapp and need to
be present in the default directory. I created a jsp page to figure
out what the directory was, and it turns out that it's
C:\WINNT\System32 which is obviously a bad place to put app specific
dlls.

I've tried setting the workDir for both the Host (localhost) and the
Context (foo) in server.xml and placing my dlls there, but with no
luck.

I also tried placing the dlls in
$CATALINA_HOME\work\Catalina\localhost\foo - but that didn't work
either. It seems that my app works only when the dlls are in
C:\WinNT\System32 and I really don't want to leave them there.

Thanks,

  - Shailesh