tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kathie Manson <astrok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:49:51 GMT
Hi QM,

Thanks for your response.  In between Tomcat working and breaking, I
had installed Cactus.  I think that actually changed something,
somewhere on the classpath which wasn't actually in tomcat's directory
structure.  When I reinstalled tomcat, I did completely remove it,
then reinstall.

I've managed to fix the problem now, by removing my Java SDK and
reinstalling that.  Not the world's greatest solution, but it worked.
And, yes, that was the full stack trace from catalina.out.  The "root
cause" was the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

Thanks for your help,
Kathie.