tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charlton_R...@daifukuamerica.com
Subject form-based authentication with dynamically computed credentials
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:08:21 GMT
I wish to use form-based authentication that accepts users with the
following credentials:

username = any string (ex.: "test")
password = length of username (ex: "4")

This is a silly security system, I admit.  However, a solution to this
problem will help me to solve my *real* problem.

Obviously, a database of any sort is inappropriate, since there are
infinitely many valid credentials, and unnecessary, since the password can
be computed from the username.

After reading through the archives, I have the impression that I must
implement a custom realm.  Where can I go to learn how this is done?

Hints greatly appreciated.