tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daxin Zuo" <d...@techexcel.com>
Subject Sending email with zip file attach problem
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:48:33 GMT

Hi,
   Please help. Any sugestion is welcome. In my web page, users send email
with attachment, so upload is related. I can provide the file in either a
byte[] array, or in an inputstream. I try to send the attachement with
JavaMail(I know there is email api in Tomcat-Common. But I have no a good
example).

--- my code in a function in a servlet  ---
DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
Iterator itr = items.iterator();
item = (FileItem) itr.next();
//----- now it is a attachement. ----
InputStream istrm= item.getInputStream();
... ....
MimeBodyPart messageBodyPart = new MimeBodyPart();
messageBodyPart.setDisposition(Part.INLINE);
messageBodyPart.setContent(strBodyText, "text/plain");
MimeMultipart multipart = new MimeMultipart();
multipart.addBodyPart(messageBodyPart);
messageBodyPart = new MimeBodyPart(istrm);
messageBodyPart.setDisposition(messageBodyPart.ATTACHMENT);
messageBodyPart.addHeader("Content-Type",strMime); //strMime is correct
messageBodyPart.setFileName(fileName);
multipart.addBodyPart(messageBodyPart);

NO metter what file it is, the attachement received is ATT00211.txt.
I the file is a text file, the contents are correct.
if the file is a small zip file, it adds the lines as following in attached
file:

What's wrong? Please forward instruction.