tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: How to release connections in connection pool during reload?
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:53:46 GMT
If your datasource is in Tomcat GlobalNamingContext, Tomcat will take care
of it. If it is in your context, you will have to destroy it in a servlet
destroy method.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucie Chan [mailto:lucie_chan@hotmail.com]
Sent: January 7, 2005 11:40 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to release connections in connection pool during reload?

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat's connection pooling feature which is implemented with
Jakarta's DBCP to manage database access, and I just noticed that each time
when I do a "reload" (either via Ant or Tomcat manager), a database
connection is added to the database server.  Though this isn't a big problem

in the production environment, but it's a bit annoying during development
when I'm interactively developing and reloading the application.  Currently,

I will run "reload" till all the database connections have been exhausted,
and then restart Tomcat server. There must a better way to do this.  How do
destroy or reuse the connections in the pool? Any suggestion?

---
Lucie