tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject JNI + Tomcat 5.0.28 + Solaris 2.8 -> splat
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:50:46 GMT
I have a heap of JNI code, written in C++. It works fine on Windows,
inside and outside Tomcat, when compiled with VC++ 7.1. The underlying
C++ is clean in Purify, or as clean as any code that uses STL ever gets.

On Solaris 2.8, compiled with Forte6u2 (5.3), current patches, + JDK
1.4.2_05, it works. If I then add in Tomcat to the mix, as soon as I run
it, the JRE collapses with an invalid SIGSEGV in the middle of the GC
someplace. I can run a Java command-line program exercising the same JNI
functions in a loop for an hour with no errors, but one call from inside
Tomcat and the JVM turns into kibbles.

(Compiling the C++ with gcc leads to horrible memory leaks even in a
standalone Java app, so that's not an alternative.)

Anyone have any ideas?