tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: Meaning of threads
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:09:21 GMT
Hi

> the number of threads will depend on the size of your
> machine, but to support many concurrent users, you will want
> to turn off keep alive connections, as these will have the
> opposite effect.

Wouldn't it make more sense to enable keep alive connections and increase
the thread count - if memory suffices?

Even if not, the keep-alive timeout should be decreased instead of disabled
all together.

Additionally I'd like to see tomcat to be able to drop keep-alive connection
exactly then, when all threads are busy and a new connection is to be
etablished.
That would give us the benefit of keep alive connections - faster data
delivery for users - as well as optimal thread usage even on small thread
pools.

What is your opinion?

Regards,
  Steffen