tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Zhu" <g...@timeicr.com>
Subject RE: Has anyone managed clustering with Tomcat 5.5.4+Apache+mod_jk?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:17:33 GMT
In the document for workers.properties, there are TWO places emphasizing
NOT to put the lb in the worker.list. One is right in the first
paragraph of Sub Titled "Load Balancing directives"; and the other one
is within the "Description" column for the directive
"balance(ed)_workers".

Here is the doc link:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/config/workers.html

Thanks.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Mladen Turk [mailto:mladen.turk@jboss.com]
Sent: January 11, 2005 10:07 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Has anyone managed clustering with Tomcat
5.5.4+Apache+mod_jk?

Gary Zhu wrote:

> Thanks Mladen,
>
> The document for Tomcat has explicitly emphasized NOT to add the lb
> worker to the worker.list.

Can you point where this statement exists?
If it does then I'll chage it, because it's wrong.

Here is what documentation says:
worker.list:
A comma separated list of workers names that the JK will use. When
starting up, the web server plugin will instantiate the workers whose
name appears in the worker.list property, these are also the workers to
whom you can map requests.

> Attached is my workers properties file.

No it is not ;).

Mladen.