tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Charles P. Killmer" <charl...@netgaintechnology.com>
Subject Speed issues with SQL Server 2000 and JTDS
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:13:16 GMT
I bought the Core Servlets and Java Server Pages and read it over the
weekend.  Happy New Year to me.  I did get out to a few parties though.
;)  I am having trouble getting JTDS to return results quickly.

Has anyone got any example code for how to properly query a SQL Server
2000 database?  The code I write needs to work with both SQL Server 2000
and SQL Server 7.  In creating the connection, I am specifying
TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE and TYPE_CONCUR_READ_ONLY.  I tried not
specifying anything and got errors about not being able to scroll the
results.  Is the only solution to this, use FORWARD_ONLY and buffer the
contents myself?  I hoping there is a better way.

Thank you
Charles Killmer