tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Larraquy" <llarra...@hotmail.com>
Subject Setting Xmx and Xms on Tomcat 5
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:46:33 GMT
Hi gurus,

I're really searched the web, but I really need you help.
I've migrated my app, from Tomcat 4.0.6 to Tomcat 5.0. everything went fine.
As I had the service installed on Tomcat 4.0.6, I did the same on Tomcat, but using the installer
that Jakarta provides.
The problem of that, was that when I installed Tomcat 5.0 service I had't set Xmx and Xms
options.
My app consumes enough memory to need this fix.
Now I saw 2 possibilities to solve this problem.

1) Uninstall Tomcat 5, and reinstall it using "tomcat.exe" from Tomcat 4.0.6, which gives
me the chance to set Xmx and Xms options. (I really dislike this one)
2) As a saw at http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=250644&messageID=2177633,
you can "touch" registry values, and restart Tomcat using:
'JVM Option Number 3,4,5....' (I don't like this one eather)

Do you know another chance to reinstall Tomcat 5 service and setting Xmx and Xms parameters?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advace

Leonardo Lopez Larraquy
Jakarta SRL Ingenieria de Software