tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:49:39 GMT
H Paul,

Yes in terms of the logging and connection pooling I had that problem and so
I implemented the commons database pooling and use log4j to do my logging.

Sorry it wasn't so clear for you....

----Original Message Follows----
From: Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm>
To: Mark Benussi <mark_benussi@hotmail.com>,Tomcat Users List
<tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:36:32 +0000

Review of noname.net

I made the mistake of selecting a Shared VM trial thinking I could get way
with it but I couldnt.
I managed to get my basic application running, although deployment was a
very hit a and miss affair, Tomcat Manager didnt work properly  and I didnt
receive satisfactory explanations of what was going on. But I wanted to
implement database connection pooling and changes to the tomcat logging and
this was not possible so I requested an upgrade to a trial to a private JVM,
but was told only one trial per customer is allowed.

At least they give a free trial but Im checking out
http://www.servlets.com/isps/ and deciding on someone else to try.

Paul