tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Benussi" <mark_benu...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:39:20 GMT
Paul,

I use a company called name on the net who work out at 100 a year. They
support WAR deployment in a pure sense (my only comment would be they
provide a Tomcat 5 container). Support is good, they are a small company and
from that point of view you always get a quick response.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Paul Taylor <paul_t100@fastmail.fm>
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Please recommend a Low Cost Tomcat Hosting platform
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:32:12 +0000

Hi
I have a Tomcat 4 Application ready to deploy as a WAR. It uses database
pooling to connect to a MYSQL database. I recently selected a Tomcat hosting
platform to deploy my application but the deployment is non -standard you
have to copy various parts of the WAR to different locations which dont
match the standard deployment and it doesnt use database pooling to connect
to MYSQL. I have been unable to get my application to run on it because
these issues.

This is not a high performance website and I do not need/cannot afford a
dedicated server I just want to easily be able to deploy my application.

I am based in the UK so a UK/English Speaking host would be preferable.

Could anyone recommend a hostthat provides this straight forward deployment
facilities.
Thanks paul