tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Apache returning different sizes for same request [was Re: Controlling caching / session collision]
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 05:27:49 GMT
> From: Brian McEntire [mailto:brianm@fsg1.nws.noaa.gov]
> Subject: Apache returning different sizes for same request [was Re:
> Controlling caching / session collision]
>
> My browser requested listByOwner.jsp but received
> decodedDataChartContents.jsp. I expected listByOwner
> but saw decodedDataChartContents.

One of the more common causes of this is inadvertent data sharing due to applications that
aren't thread-safe.  Examine the app code for unprotected static fields, request-specific
data stored in a session object, etc.

You should also try running the requests through Tomcat only (usually port 8080 unless you've
disabled the normal http connector) to see if the problem stays with Tomcat or disappears
when mod_jk is out of the picture.

 - Chuck