tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "SANTOS, DANIEL \(SBCSI\)" <ds7...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Out of Memory when compiling JSP (Struts app on Tomcat 4.1.27)
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:56:53 GMT

back to 1.1 if I'm correct.

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: chachany@gmail.com [mailto:chachany@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:25 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Out of Memory when compiling JSP (Struts app on Tomcat 4.1.27)

Hi all

I'm working on an application currently that is experiencing some
intermittent memory problems when installed onto our "integration
test" server, but not on the development staff's local laptops.

I have attempted to increase the maximum memory available to Tomcat by
creating a global environment variable (because tomcat runs as a
service)

JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx512M

Which doesnt seem to have made a difference. Is this the best way to
increaqte the memory available to an application? Is my syntax wrong?
Are there other options I can set that will help?

The weird thing is that when I look at the memory usage of Tomcat.exe,
the most memory it has used is 110,000

there seems to be no pattern to the memory errors (as usual) and it
happens a lot when compiling JSP files.

The system memory seems high, but not horribly so. I see the following
in Task Manager

MEM Usage = 885,000 (varies)

Commit Charge:
Limit : 2,522,244