tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matteo Turra" <mtu...@kion.it>
Subject Linux Threads
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:51:09 GMT
Hi, I use tomcat 5.0.28 + jk2 connector + Apache 2 on a Linux Suse sles8
and on Red Hat Enterprise.

I try to understand why on Suse with ps command I see multiple apache
and tomcat process and on Red Hat only one apache and one tomcat
process.

I read apache2 docs and with "httpd -l" command I saw both apache are
configured in prefork, this is the output:

[root@Trantor root]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

(I guess prefork.c stands for prefork mpm, but I'm not sure)

How Apache and Tomcat manage threads in linux environment?

Where can I specify, how many threads and how many process for apache
and tomcat?

Why I see diff in process count between Suse and Red Hat?

Thanks in advance.

Matteo.

------------------------------
A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear
-- John Lennon

Matteo TURRA                       mail: m.turra@kion.it
Analisi & sviluppo WEB             tel: +39 051 61.11.430

KION Srl                           web: www.kion.it
Via Cristoni, 86                   tel: +39 051 61.11.411
40033 Casalecchio di Reno (BO)     fax: +39 051 57.04.23
ITALIA