tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Why am I getting this authentication window
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:10:18 GMT
you need to add a user with the manager role to the tomcat-users.xml file.

Then use this login and you will be able to access the admin app.

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkat & Radha Venkataramanan [mailto:Venkats@WarpDriveonline.com]
Sent: 14 January 2005 16:43
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Why am I getting this authentication window

Hello:

I am running Tomcat 5.0. I installed it about 2 months back and I have been learning the ropes
these days.

This morning when I tried to go into the Manager application and/or the admin application
( http://127.0.0.1:8080/admin/), I get an authentication box:

I don't know why all of a sudden I get this dialog box and even if I supply a local user/password,
I cannot seem to go past this.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Venkat