tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Ramsey <ramsey.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Classloader/Resource handling differences between 5.0 and 5.5?
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:22:39 GMT
I saw an offhand comment from Yoav about differences between 5.0 and
5.5 in resource loading and class loading. He mentioned some change
was made due to Windows usage of file handles.

Under 5.0.x and JDK 1.4.2_06 under Windows 2000 SP4, our web
application works fine. However, under JDK 5 and Tomcat 5.5.4 (only
one tested so far), we're seeing XSL files that include other XSL
files generate I/O errors and the included file is not found.

Now, all file references are from the webapp base dir and are relative
pathnames. Our JSPs are in a folder named webapp/jsp and the XSLs are
in webapp/xsl with references being done relatively:
"../xsl/mystylesheet.xsl".

This worked without issue in 4.x and 5.0.x but as I noted causes
errors now in 5.5.4. It seems, from Yoav's comments that something has
changed but I cannot find anything clear in terms of documentation on
this.

Does anyone have any pointers, articles, or whatnot that will help me
either in configuring our webapp or changing what we've done to be
compliant with the new resource loading semantics? Searching so far
has not yielded anything that was obvious to me.

Thanks in advance!