tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Siarhei Dudzin <siarhei.dud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAR locking / Tomcat 5.5.4 / Windows
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:25:56 GMT
Do you know how to set the same when running Tomcat in console mode
(from command prompt)?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:33:15 -0800 (PST), TomK
<swanky303-tomcat@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Success!  I was able to get the antiResourceLocking attribute to finally take effect
with Tomcat 5.5.4.

> The problem is the default Windows install does not set the "Working Path" (viewable
on the Startup/Shutdown tabs of the service manager that sits in the SysTray).   Once I set
the working path to the tomcat base directory, and restarted Tomcat, and deployed the WAR,
the application files were copied to the temp directory and run from there, just as promised.
 Undeploy works fine.     Interestingly, the directories created in the temp directory aren't
deleted when Tomcat is shutdown, for the same reason: the jar's are locked.

> Dominik --  Regarding your statement that "the latest CVS version does not suffer from
the nasty jar locking."   I'll try it out later, but are you suggesting 5.5.7  will not have
JAR locking issues at all, and thus the antiResourceLocking and antiJARLocking attributes
will be unnecessary??