tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Charters <g.chart...@auckland.ac.nz>
Subject Re: [Newbie] Failed access to servlet via URL mapping (context setting problem?)
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:32:52 GMT
Doug wrote:
> I notice you are using 1.4.2 Does the compat install mean you set it
> up to use 1.4 in place of the 1.5 per RUNNING.txt?

I didn't do any setting up, other than to install the compatibility
patch as directed.  It is my understanding that this acts as a bridge
between the "new" V5.5 tomcat architecture, and the old 1.4 JDK.  From
the success of the trial servlets, the installation seems to be
working, and I just suspect that I have failed to configure something
properly.

Thanks for responding.

(BTW, I didn't actually receive your response via email, but discovered
it in an archive.  I'm getting notification of other postings to the
list, but not this one.  Weird.